CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Welcome Signs Words

"To laugh often and much... to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children . . . to leave the world a better place. . . & to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...

This is to have succeeded
."

my random thoughts...

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Updates on my SIKAP involvement....

Ok, as I said, there were a lot of things I wanted to blog about. But due to the time that lapsed, it seemed late to kinda blog about it. I would have blogged about a meeting which SIKAP ( a partylist I belong to as Advocacy and Alliance Building Commissioner) had with one of the accredited partylist running for this year's elections - BIYAHENG PINOY. In a nutshell, our group voted to dismiss the idea of a tie-up with them to avoid future controversies as this group is identified to be among the partylists fielded by the Arroyo Administration. SIKAP will move in the direction of establishing its own identity and pursue projects aligned with its Vision/Mission/Goal (VMG).

SIKAP will also be busy coming up with a primer for the Magna Carta of Student Rights. And I will personally be developing a paper/proposal for a scholarship grant for student artists in Baguio belonging to Tropang Paltok. A project I do believe in consonance with SIKAP's VMG and at the same time a strategy for alliance building and advocacy to further boost SIKAP. So there, these were stuff we are talking about and sharing. (wink wink)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, was just browsing for 'Tropang Paltok' in web, and I got to find your blog site :)

Was a member and scholar of Tropang Paltok also, batch 1997-2000. My most memorable show was the 'Life of Juan Sadot', a mime-act portrayal of the Filipino Culture portrayed to the Filipino icon 'Juan Tamad' :)

- pEDo

An Untamed Heart said...

Hello pEDo. Thanks for "blogging by"...

I learned while working with the Baguio local media that Tropang Paltok was really well-known there.

Will tell EV you "blogged by". He was the Media Coordinator for Ifugao in the Project I managed for UNFPA. It was his idea to tap the use of indigenous theater in doing advocacy in the said area.