CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Welcome Signs Words

"To laugh often and much... to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children . . . to leave the world a better place. . . & to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...

This is to have succeeded
."

my random thoughts...

Thursday, May 03, 2007

The travel to Jakarta, Indonesia

Hmnnn....

Anyways, I am here in Jakarta, Indonesia. Left Manila last May 1, 2007 aboard Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong, whose airport is by the way so huge I had to take two (2) transits to get to the gate of my connecting flight to Jakarta, and then stayed there for at least three (3) more hours before getting on the plane for Jakarta. The travel took all day. By the time I was in Jakarta, it was late in the evening already. Got out of the airport with my luggage around 9pm, Indonesian time. One hour delayed to our time there in Manila.

At the hotel, I learned that they don't accept travellers cheques which I have with me, good thing I have $100 USD which I used to pay for the deposit in the hotel. They actually even preferred having USD printed in the year 2000 up, since mine was marked 1999, but I told them I don't have anymore cash with me, that's all I got so they did sort of bend and accepted the same.

Exchange rate was kinda low - $1 USD = Rp 8456 (Ruhpiah) in the hotel compared to money changers. It is usually around Rp 9000. In Indonesia, having millions is not that a big deal as their money begin with thousands. Roughly, Rp 1,000,000 Ruhpees are equivalent to $111 USD, which is equivalent to P5,500 Pesos in Manila... quite an interesting fact huh?

But anyway, that's just about the travel. It was tiring and I was feeling anxious and nervous at the same time as to what will happen next when I meet Dr. H...

0 comments: