CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Welcome Signs Words

"To laugh often and much... to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children . . . to leave the world a better place. . . & to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...

This is to have succeeded
."

my random thoughts...

Thursday, April 05, 2007

He got it!

I had to blog again because guess what???

Dr H got the paper and called me up! I wasn't expecting he would call that it made me tongue-tied for awhile as I was excited and shocked at the same time. You see I only communicate with Dr. H via e-mail. That was how our connection started. I wrote him at the time he was about to leave the country as representative of UNFPA (read: United Nations Population Fund) and take on his new post as country rep. for Indonesia. My note was an expression of gratitude and admiration for all his hard work and contribution to our country. He barely knew me. I was just one of the many people working as partners of UNFPA. So when I wrote the note, I simply wrote it from the heart. The guy doesn't even know who I was back then!

I emailed him again to inform him about the blog I created for the media and to my surprise, he did reply and visit the blog. Even left a message on the c-box. That's how cool this person is, considering his stature.

Come christmastime 2006, he sent me a greeting via email. Another touching surprise. And so, imagine how cool it was to literally "hear" him when he called and hear him say a good news! =)

He told me he got the paper and he asked if I could go to Indonesia on May 1 to 10 for initial consultations with the other partners and discuss the paper with them. They will be paying for the trip and provide the necessary DSA (read: daily subsistence allowance).

How could I say no? Oh yes. May 1 to 10 is just perfect!

I do feel nervous to go there, as I will be alone and it will be my first time to go there. Oh, i don't have trouble traveling alone. I've done that several times. This is different as this international travel isn't a pleasure trip but work-related. Somehow, I get jittery... I will be dealing with gov't agencies in Indonesia and I do hope I get to "connect" with them as well and establish a good working relationship.

Nervous but I'm up for the challenge. And truly looking forward to working on this and explore all possibilities.

Indeed, good things come to those who wait. God is so good.

0 comments: