CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Welcome Signs Words

"To laugh often and much... to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children . . . to leave the world a better place. . . & to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...

This is to have succeeded
."

my random thoughts...

Monday, September 15, 2008

Being a teacher

I am done with Tuesdays with Morrie. I feel like I have to blog about it since I mentioned it in an earlier post.

Actually, it just took me one sitting to finish that book because once you start reading it, I can't really put it down. I consider it now one of my favorite books.

A teacher indeed affects eternity, as you can never tell where his or her influence stops. Thanks to the author, he shared all that was passed on to him by his professor Morrie to us.

I used to be a teacher, well I never really gave too much meaning to it, it was just an opportunity that arose when I was in law school and I took it, so I could have my extra-money aside from my allowance while studying the law. The funny thing was, I was teaching Math, particularly Algebra as my college degree was Math major in Computer Science.

Anyway, recently I got this message from a former student I don't really remember through my nephew's blog and she said she has been looking for me and found me through a picture posted in my nephew's blog. She wanted to thank me because I made her like MATH that she became a Math Whiz in her class. And now she's also in law school. =)

That was one of the best compliments I ever got. It felt good knowing I have touched her life the way I did. Priceless.

0 comments: