CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Welcome Signs Words

"To laugh often and much... to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children . . . to leave the world a better place. . . & to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...

This is to have succeeded
."

my random thoughts...

Monday, June 30, 2008

A tribute to my pets

This is Pichu and Motombo when they were a month old. =)
That's MOTOMBO and PICHU was the one lying on the side

PICHU while I cuddle her during her "puppy" days... =)
Pichu NOW - almost 8 months
Cuddling MOTOMBO

I can't explain it but I just adore my pets so much. I am referring to the two(2) dogs I have. Well, we actually have three (3) and I love that other dog dearly as well, but she's technically my dad's pet and the oldest among the three (3). She's actually a Border Collie which explains why she's so intelligent! She's the only one who always manages to "escape" from her cage from time to time. =)

PICHU - Female

My pets in their separate cages in the garage...
MOTOMBO - male, and is actually claimed by my nephew that is his and I am simply taking care of him... =)

Anyway, back to my own pets, aside from the various species of goldfish in my fish tank and small pond in the garage, these dogs Pichu and Motombo are just so sweet. I had them since they were just a month old and took care of them ever since. So they're like my "babies". =) I used to make them sleep over my lap when they were smaller but now at almost eight (8) months, they've grown so big already! That is why they have two (2) separate cages.

I am so sensitive to their needs that I wake up and go out to check on them at the wee hours of the night when I hear them incessantly barking. They're either hungry or some people outside the gate caught their attention. In any case, I always check them even if I am so sleepy already.

Every morning, I prepare their food ahead of mine. =) And you see them watching out for me as I emerged from the front door and then start to bark as a way of greeting me. My parents sometimes don't approve of how much I spoiled them especially with the budget I allot for their food but hey, they can't put a price on the joy and affection these dogs give me.

For some reason, they make me feel calm when I am stressed. They also make me feel that I am not alone as long as they're around. Come to think of it, I had them during the time my parents were away on vacation in the US and Canada. The way they look at me seem to say that they need me and that everything's gonna be ok.

A lot of people has asked me to give up one of them and I simply can't. Oh no. Over my dead body. =)
That's Pichu again... being the female one, she's a just a bit sweeter than Motombo...

0 comments: