CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Welcome Signs Words

"To laugh often and much... to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children . . . to leave the world a better place. . . & to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...

This is to have succeeded
."

my random thoughts...

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Pinoy Big Brother Season 2



I thought twice re: blogging about this but then again, somehow I feel like I should, amid the risk of being "mainstream" when I am all about being "unorthodoxy". =)

So, the PBB Season 2 was over hours ago with Beatriz Saw as the Big Winner. That was a relief! I must admit I am one of the thousands if not millions of people who actually hated and resented the fact that this "Wendy" was still in the house after all her "kabastusan".

Let me just express what I felt weeks ago after that girl's ill-mannered ways toward her housemates, Bea and Gee-Ann in particluar. I personally think that the management should have done something more than reprimand her. Sanctions should have been imposed on her like a forced eviction.

The fact is, this girl was already evicted and was brought back --- duh???? Just so to bolster the Bruce-Wendy loveteam. Ewe!!! Obviously, for the ratings.... In addition, she has no class, no etiquette and very ill-mannered. The big winner should embody positive values of pinoys - marunong makisama, madaling pakisamahan, mapagbigay pero lumalaban kung kailangan. That girl is nothing close to any of that. She's guilty of making spiteful remarks, uncalled for comments and nasty behavior towards her housemates. Indeed she was being "true", showing us her true colors - ang pagkakaroon ng masamang ugali. In life, those are ingredients for being a "loser".

Some say that wendy is just matapang and has a strong personality - HELLO! I have a strong personality and I, too am matapang but that girl's claim or her supporters, is totally MISPLACED. My legal background and training has built my courage to stand up for myself and fight for what is right. Fighting for your principles, fighting for the oppressed and fighting for what is just. Not fighting just for the heck of it. There's a proper time, place and manner in proving your point and knowing when to just let it go when it's not worth it.

I am no fan of Beatriz, in fact, I have no particular housemate whom I liked, unlike the PDA - [Pinoy Dream Academy] where I really liked yeng, chad and yvan. I am just truly glad that Wendy did not win and Bea won because that sends a positive message to the viewing public, specifically the youth, that in life, one should learn patience, acceptance and courage. One should learn to choose which battles to take and when you do engage, make sure they were worth it and that they do matter, for the right reasons. Being real and being true should be understood and appreciated hand-in-hand with one's principles and values.

Bea has showed the strength of her character and conviction during her confrontations with Maricris and managed to keep her composure by remaining calm and forgiving despite Wendy's rough ways, incessant provocations and malicious insinuations.

That was admirable and for me, the kind of pinoy, or pinay for that matter, we should all be proud of --- a woman with elegance, proper disposition and good moral fiber. Indeed, a real winner.

0 comments: