CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Welcome Signs Words

"To laugh often and much... to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children . . . to leave the world a better place. . . & to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...

This is to have succeeded
."

my random thoughts...

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Holy Week, Manila Ocean Park etc.

I have been offline the past days, not because I intended to but because internet cables were busted and I didn't fix it till today. Well, it was the Holy Week and taking time off from cyberspace was a good thing to give up, sort of fasting which Catholics do during the Lenten Season.

So what has happened those past days? For one, my nephew, Nirro graduated from Prep and is on his way to Grade One next school year. =)


He studied nursery, kindergarten and prep at the same school I did. Back then, they only offered nursery classes. In fact, I was one of the "pioneer" students of that school ran by nuns. Needless to state, I was their first valedictorian. Hehehe. That was back then okay? =) After his graduation, we headed to Gerry's, a new branch opened in Banawe, which was within the area we live and then proceeded to Manila Ocean Park.

It was "bitin" kasi medyo maiksi yung lilibutin mo but I think may mga gagawin pa, like the Crab Race Area and Boat Ride Entrance. For P400 ( adult) and P350 (kids) fee, it was worth it. It's nice to see how "rich" our oceans are. Inside the place, there are interactive boards where kids could utilize touch-screen monitors and learn more information. Then there's also the fish spa which would cost you additional P100 if you wish to try it. When the fish started "biting" the dead cells off your feet, it felt ticklish that after awhile I took my feet out! hahaha. But my nephew "braved" those fish bites and finished the whole 20-minute session with them.


Maundy Thursday and Good Friday I spent with my nephew (as he slept here) and other nieces (daughters ng cousin ko). As usual, they're favorite hang out was my room. My TV was on all day, either showing the Cartoon Network channel or DVDs of Disney Cartoons. And then, they endlessly played computer games as well. The younger ones jumped up and down the bed it nearly broke! hahaha and early afternoons during those days, they pet the puppies PICHU and MOTOMBO with me. By the way, we managed to make them watch the Seven Last Words movie shown on TV and surprisingly, they sat still and attentively watched. Hmmmnnn, it was a spiritual week for them, too you know. =)

Sunday was of of course Church Day and it seemed to me, more people went to mass. Perhaps some people do go to mass only during special events.

There's another thing pala that happened this past week. A "crazy" neighbor went to our house and literally picked a fight with us! Will do away with details but suffice it to say that because of her actions ( she's one of the tenants here in our compound), proper notice was served informing them to leave the premises within a month. WHat took place was really odd as she had all this wild story accusing me and my cousins of weird stuff we never did. In fact, we don't even see her much less know her until she went to our house asking for everyone living in our home and then started telling this wild story. True enough, she's a little "deranged" that's why she had to go. Tsktsktsk. That caused quite a stir around the household and some neighbors. But after ahwile, we did just laugh about it. But then again, she really has to leave as she might cause more trouble, kasi nga even among the other neighbors kasi she was picking fights na in the past days. Kaya ayun, baka ano pa maisip gawin. =(

Starting Monday, I have been and will be busy. Basta busy. Official and household stuff. I want to leave the city nga muna eh. Breaktime kumbaga. Hmmmnnnn.....

0 comments: