CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Welcome Signs Words

"To laugh often and much... to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children . . . to leave the world a better place. . . & to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...

This is to have succeeded
."

my random thoughts...

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Gossip Girl

Bought this DVD about a series called "Gossip Girl". I think it is or will be shown here in the "etc" or the "2nd Avenue" channel. Anyway, the plot was supposedly "wicked" as it involved the life and scandals of teenagers and their families inthe Upper East Side of New York, where the so-called socialites live, as featured in gossip girl's blog. The latest scoop and revelations in their lives are documented in her blog that sometimes they even resort to her for information.


A blog being so relevant in a story set in New York City was enough to catch my attention that I bought the DVD. I started watching it and I was a bit disappointed. The series sort of reminded me of the movie "CRUEL INTENTIONS", featuring the rich kids of New York and how they manipulate things to serve their selfish interests etc etc etc. The series could even be done without the "blog" element. I was hoping otherwise, know what I mean?

0 comments: