CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Welcome Signs Words

"To laugh often and much... to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children . . . to leave the world a better place. . . & to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived...

This is to have succeeded
."

my random thoughts...

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Indulgence everyone....

You have to forgive me for using a pseudoname. You see, when I first learned about blogging, I couldn't imagine myself writing about myself and my thoughts and sharing them in the WWW-world wide web. Some things are just too personal to let the whole world know. My foremost concern was to avoid vulnerability as one's strengths and weaknesses are revealed through their writings. Oh no, I'm not about to show how vulnerable I can be. Not me...

But then, doing what I do, I saw the worth of blogging in putting forward my advocacy. I told myself that blogging my thoughts on certain issues and concerns can be beneficial and advantageous in spreading my ideas; or even just to spark the minds of curious readers. Opening one's mind to the ideas and knowledge I came to realize and will come to possess is enough to convince me to engage in blogging.

I'm a development worker, and I do advocacy on a matter that is highly controversial - Reproductive Health. Such profound concept considered in a country who claims to be very much Catholic as bordering to sacrilege, with the issues of sex, gender and violence all intertwined. How "holy" this country is...

To all of you out there, I don't have the luxury of time to always "blog" my own thoughts but I will make it a point to post matters and issues that would challenge the principles we were born to believe in. I am sure most of you have found yourselves frustrated and feeling betrayed by certain situations in your life when things you have always believed in suddenly turns out to be untrue.

It is my aim to open your eyes and encourage you to "think outside the box". And by this, I do not mean to instigate rebellion, I just intend to put into practice the basic exercise of freewill. I do not mean to deviate from religion as well, in fact, this is very much a mission in trying to defend and reclaim my religion, whose supremacy was monopolized by those who managed to instill in history their infallability.

Our God will never discriminate. The true giver of unconditional love, He gave us the best gift that separates us from animals and beasts. The gift of freewill.

Lesson number one: Exercise it. Use your freewill.

From hereon, join me in my journey to what life is truly about...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right...as a real Catholic we must use our freewill and at the same time continue praying for DIVINE Guidance--astig